We're a not-for-profit California cooperative supporting patients and caregivers who benefit from medical cannabis, our Mission statement. If your interested in Patient ID Center (PIDC) medical cannabis ID Card application process please click here. We are now offering for old members to renew Patient ID cards by mail, please contact our office to get more information or visit our membership page.
SB 420 Official State Medical Cannabis ID Cards
Alameda County Patients Services (ACPS) is no longer accepting applications on behalf of the Alameda County Public Health Department for State Medical Cannabis ID Cards. Alameda County Public Health Department is now running the State Medical Cannabis ID Card program at 1000 Broadway, Suite 310,Oakland, CA 94607. Please call (510) 268-2977 to make appointment at the Health Department. You can visit the State Department of Health web site here, to find out if your County is offering this new State medical cannabis ID Card.
Membership Application Procedure
To apply for membership you will need the following :
1) Valid current ID from the following list:
California Drivers License
2) Completed physicians form (which must meet the following)
- must be currently dated, usually within the last six months
- be signed by an MD certified in California
- have the physician's phone number for verification
- have a diagnosis of your condition (optional on note)
- state that the physician recommends/approves of the patient's use of cannabis
- indicate the physician has discussed the advantages and disadvantages of using medical cannabis and agrees to monitor the patient's use of cannabis
3) Completed Authorization for Release of Patient Status form
The physician may write their own letter or use ours. After we receive your documentation it will take several days to process it. When your medical information is verified, we will call you to inform you that you may come in and complete the enrollment process. Please do not call us unless you do not hear from us within five business days.
Processing your membership can take several business days, but depends on your doctor's recommendation being verified. If you are coming from far away, please mail or fax your documentation before your visit so that you are verified when you arrive. Be sure to include your phone number and your doctor's phone number. Our membership fee is $40.00 for first time members, and $30.00 for renewal. This is a yearly fee is paid when you come in to get your Photo ID card issued or renewed (ID Card expiration date is set from the date of your Doctor's recommendation no more then one year).
4) For Patients requiring a Caregiver ID Card
-Patient must be a current Patient ID Center Member to have caregiver form filed
-Patient and Caregiver need to complete primary caregiver certification
-individual patients are allowed up to three caregivers
-caregiver must be over 18 with current drivers license or ID from California DMV
-caregiver card fees are $40.00 for new and $30.00 renewal in office or $35.00 renewal by mail
5) You can also Renew your ID card by mail without having to come in and visit the Patient ID Center office.
To renew by mail you need to submit the following:
- An updated and current physician recommendation faxed or mailed to our office.
- Your Patient ID Center Member Number from your previous ID card, or CDL/CID number and your current telephone number.
- Renew by mail fee of $35 (can be paid by Cashier's Check, Money Order, Visa or MasterCard, No personal checks).
- Once our office has verified your new recommendation, our staff will contact you to complete the process to receive your current ID Card.
Northern California Patient ID Services
Patient ID Center
1733 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612-2105
P.O. Box 70401, Oakland, CA 94612-0401
Tel: (510) 832-5346 Fax: (510) 986-0534
Southern California Patient ID Services
This satellite office has closed as of February 28, 2011
Please contact our main office above